Saturday, October 24, 2009


City Silhouette Project
Ashley Malinosky
Watercolor paper, watercolor, glue, construction paper




This project would be appropriate for elementary students. However, I realized after making it that I need to make a silhouette lesson plan for middle school students, so I will be creating a new, similar, more advanced project for next week!

The inspiration for this project is the view outside my window when the sun is setting. I have lived in the city for 7 years and have always loved seeing the silhouette of the buildings against the sky at this time because the buildings become black and the sky becomes pink. This project could be adapted depending on the environment where the students live for example, in a woodsy environment it could be trees’ silhouettes, in a surburban environment perhaps houses. The project is to create a watercolor painting which will act as the background and sky for the silhouettes, in this case city buildings, which will be made out of black construction paper.

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea, and it would expand from a lesson on "Landscape of New York City" - thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete